Instagram SnapWidget

This Morning

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

This morning was a battle. It snuck in quietly, first with nightmares that gently stroked my head as I slept. Terrified to open my eyes, to submit to waking, I buried myself into the sleeper next to me. Then the pain oozed in, crawling up from behind me and wrapping long thorny arms around my waist. Upon waking the nightmare masked itself in anxiety and settled in with the pain in my lower abdomen. I tried to retreat and put my white flag up, but this morning follows no such rules of war.
 
White flag burning I carry my battle with me, finally finding comfort in a hiding place with a view of the mountains and a warm cup of coffee to ease the pain. I am exhausted but evening is cool and quiet and will take me in just at the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code

<